Monday, February 28, 2005

Semiformal

Well, semiformal was over the weekend. It was awesome, but before i get into the detail there I've gotta talk about the night before.

Adam and I took my car to go pick up his date in Canada. Little did we know that it would turn out to be a $200 trip that took 7 hours. The way there was going really smooth until a little ways into Canada we got pulled over doing about 85 mph...which I have no idea what it is in Km. Anyhow, it was 42 Km/h over the speed limit. Good thing was that it wasn't me getting the ticked...bad news is that it was Adam. The ticket ended up being around $160 canadian piece of shit dollars. After getting back on the interestate, we get to the exit that we were supposed to pick Shannon up on and found out that her parents had taken her to the next exit. Finally we met up and were on our way back when Adam missed the exit for hwy 402. We went about 50 miles too far on the wrong highway, so we took some back roads back to 402. This is where we almost died. It was dark and snowing really hard. The roads were covered in slush and ice. We got to a point where we got out of the path on the road and tried to bring it back into the path. The slightest touch of the steering wheel left or right sent us fishtailing majorly. Going 65mph sent us sliding all over for about 300 yards. Finally we gained control without crashing and made it back to the U.S. Once back there we were on the clean interstate...except for the inside lain. It was still slushy and icy. Some dipshit decided to pass us in that lane going like 90. He was doing ok until a slight turn in the interstate came up. We knew he was probably going to lose it so we backed off a ways. Sure enough, he ended up doing 360s in the middle of the interstate. Luckily we were the only ones close to him. In the end we made it back to the fraternity alright, but people were mad at us because we missed the charity bowling. That night was pretty much over by then...i was tired and worn out.

The next day I went and spent a ton of money to get ready for the semiformal and for the semiformal itself. I bought a kick ass DKNY tie to go with my Brooke's Brothers shirt. Oh yeah...I had to buy the suspenders too. Once we got all that and a haircut we were on our way to canada. It went smooth this time. We got across the border and into the hotel. Dinner and everythign at the hotel was fun, but most of the fun came later at the club. I'm only 18 mind you...to get into clubs you ahve to be 19. To get in I decided to borrow one of Shane's IDs. I don't look too much like him, but i tried anyways. When I showed the bouncer the ID he looked at it, then at me, handed it back to me and told me, "I know you're underage". Then let me in. It was awesome. We stayed there and danced till about 2 or 2:30. We then decided to walk down the street and get some pizza. That's where we lost drunk Grimace. He went into the pizza place with us, but left sometime while we were there. We had no idea where he went, but somehow he made his way back to the hotel. After finishing the pizza we all made our way back to the hotel to sleep. That was pretty much the extent of semiformal. Nothing exciting really happened Sunday.

It was a good weekend...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I wasn't mad about you missing bowling...since you did, I got to bowl! Besides, I probably bowled way better than you would have anyway! :) Only kidding...my stellar 123 could probably be topped pretty easily! Oh...and by the way, your suspenders rocked...and I expected to here something about the full jeans and everything...happy trails and smile lots! :)

2/28/2005 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update dang it

3/11/2005 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home