Thursday, December 01, 2005

Good ole' Iowa

I did finally make it back to iowa...after 3 days in different aiports. When Tuesday rolled around I had to get on a plane to chicago then make a connection there to sioux falls. Well, as my luck would have it, my flight to Chicago got delayed by about 3 or so hours due to mechanical and hydraulic problems on the plane. I ended up missing my flight out o sioux falls, so had to stay the night in the chicago airport...it sucks. Wednesday morning I was able to catch a flight to sioux falls. I finally made it in around 10:30. The place looked like Siberia...flat, cold, snow covered, and windy. I made the drive back to spirit lake and decided to stop into work to see what I should do about my missed days. They ended up working me the rest of the day.

Today is going well...about 6" or so of snow on the ground and work is keeping me busy. No really big plans today. I think Ashley is coming over to hang out for a while after work. It should be a good time.

As for girls in general...I think I'm going to try to stay away from any sort of committment or anything close for a while. Seems like every time I do, I end up getting hurt or wasting a ton of money. It's a distraction anyways. I do the romantic stuff only to find out that they only like me as a friends, or I try to just be a friend, but that seems too hard for them too. So, as of now, I am no longer going to initiate anything with any girls except old friends...and that would just be to hang out when I get home. No more trying to get numbers or anything like that. If a girl finds me and likes me for what they see, then I might take a chance, but a few things have to be present. I want a girl that has an intellect that "threatens" my own...one that stands on the same level or higher. I want someone that I'm able to have intelligent conversations with, not just some conversation on what happened in the last OC episode. She has to be open minded...dead deal if that's not there. Honesty is also a must...I want a girl that's honest with herself as well as me and others. Lying gets people nowhere fast. Those are my big things...past that, it's up in the air.

In other news, you should definitely check out southpark...the new one last night was awesome. I highly recommend it.

and PLEASE sign my guestbook

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Glad to hear you are being smart about the whole girl thing. When the time is right, you'll know it and so will she.

12/02/2005 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home