Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Europe!!! (I know I said I'd post more)

So I know I said I'd post a lot more, but I've been out having a lot of fun and not spending much time on here. I have been posting lots of pictures on my facebook photo albums though. The link should be over on the right somewhere.

Anyhow, Europe has been an absolute blast so far. I've been here for about 5 or 6 weeks so far! I left the U.S. on the 28th of March from Chicago to fly into Amsterdam, Netherlands. Grant and I spent 4 days there seeing more of the city and just hanging out. We hopped a train to Esslingen, Germany on the 1st of April. Once we arrived in Germany we spent the first week going through orientation and hanging out with the other kettering students and other international kids. The first weekend was a long 5 day one, so 9 of us decided to go to Paris, France and the beaches of Normandy. The trip was awesome!!

The following week was the first week of classes. I'm taking Feedback Control, Computer Simulation, Fluid Dynamics, German History, and German Language. Some of the classes are a joke, but none are too bad.

A week later a bunch of us decided to go to Munich, Germany. We took a free tour to learn about a bunch of the history of Munich! It's such an important town in history...kind of a dark history though. While up in Munich we took a little day trip to dachau concentration camp...it was unsettling for sure...especially standing in the gas chamber.

The next weekend we all decided to stick around germany and check out what Esslingen and Stuttgart had to offer. It's really nice here! We also had a field trip to a bunch of castles around germany with our History and Language classes.

The last weekend of April 4 of us decided to go down through Italy for the weekend. The first night we headed to Venice...really cool city, but not much to do. We spent most of the time in Rome. I wasn't much of a fan of Italy, but the sites and history were amazing! The people were really rude and the cities were really dirty though. We weren't able to go into the vatican while we were there though, so we're headed back down there for a day later on in May.

This last weekend I met up with Nikki, whom I hadn't seen since high school, and went to Geneva, Switzerland. The weather was kinda crappy, but Switzerland is amazing! Again, there's not a lot to do, but it's incredibly beautiful! It also felt nice to be somewhere where the money was worth less than an American Dollar.

This next weekend we're just sticking around Germany so we can go to the last day of Frühlingsfest and study for our Computer Simulation midterm. We also need to save money for our 10 day Greece trip starting on the 24th of this month.

Anyway, I need to get back to paying attention in this boring class. Check out the pictures!! I have a ton more to show once I get back to the states...I'm not about to upload 2000 pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home