Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Airplane on a Treadmill

Here's a quick brain teaser for all of you that some how found yourself at my blog:

A plane equipped with fixed horizontal engines and wheel landing gear is placed on a huge treadmill runway. The treadmill has a clever design and always matches the speed of the plane, but runs in the opposite direction. Will the plane take off and fly or not?

I'll post the answer in a day or two.

Oh yeah...new news...I'm planning on heading back to GJ on the 16th rather than the 19th. Hit me up if you want to hang out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it'll take off because there would be no force from the air to lift it off the ground. It would still be stationary with no push against the air and create no wind beneath it's wings.

12/08/2006 1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home