Friday, December 17, 2004

Drive to Flint

Well, I just got into flint about 2 hours ago. That is such a boring drive...I don't recommend it. I was going to leave at 4:30 this morning, but for some reason I woke up around 3:30 and was wide awake. I decided to get up, take a shower, finish hauling my crap to my car and pick up my appartment. After dropping a bunch of stuff in the hallway of my apartment in front of the "building managers" door a couple times, I finally got out on the road at about 4 A.M. Suprisingly I didn't have any problems finding where I was supposed to be going...I think the 400 miles of one road helped with that. Somehow I managed to go about 80 mph the whole way without even getting pulled over. At one point there was a michigan state patrol right behind me when i was going 80 in a 65...i just switched lanes and he went right on past me...close call there. I think the highlight of the trip was the kick ass Bentley that was cruising along next to me.

A tip for those of you traveling on I-80 to michigan...don't go by Chicago from noon to 7....I hit it at about 1 or 2 today and the trafic was moving at about 10 mph for what seemed like forever.

That's really all that went down today for me...i'm sure something somewhat exciting will happen by the time I make it home to Colorado.

2 Comments:

Blogger kimkat said...

way to NOT call me when you got to Flint-town

12/18/2004 12:10 AM  
Blogger Aeren said...

The only tip I have for dealing with Chicago traffic (which may be outdated and totally useless now) is that surprisingly enough, you can go faster in the right lane.

That said, avoid Chicago whenever you want to get anywhere on time. Especially in winter.

12/18/2004 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home