Thursday, December 16, 2004

Finally leaving Iowa

Well, today is officially my last day at work. I'm getting up at 4:30 tomorrow morning throwing the rest of my crap that I haven't finished packing yet in the car and getting out of Iowa as quickly as I can. I should get into Flint around 6 or 7 pm. I'll have that night and the next day to screw around with some friends then early Sunday morning I'm flying out of flint to Grand Junction where I'll be for about 2 and a half weeks. My parents said they have some type of suprise for me, but I have no idea what it is so I'm just going to have to see.

One thing I know for sure that I'm going to have to do while I'm home is buy some more clothes for winter and probably some type of travel bag to hold it all on the way back to flint. Too bad the mall in my city doesn't have an Express Men...they have some pretty cool stuff.

Outside of all that, I've got a big ass presentation to all the managers from my plant and a few from a plant in minnisota over this work term. I have to talk about the projects I've worked on and what I'd like to do next term...stuff like that. It shouldn't be too bad...after all, I was in speech and debate for four years. After that I have to model some other company's building in autoCAD so that the other CO-OP can design a layout for the flow of materials and such within their plant. It shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm looking forward to Sunday though...I love to fly. The whole airport and plane thing is pretty cool...It's interesting to see and meet other people from all over the country and world.

Well, I've gotta get to going over my presentation so that I don't look like a dumbass. I probably won't be able to update till at least Sunday when I get home. I might post while I'm at the airport if I have a longer layover.

1 Comments:

Blogger kimkat said...

good luck!

12/16/2004 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home